How to Redeem Vehicle Unlock Code
Thanks for purchasing ECRI. Vehicle unlocks can either be purchased in-app when trying to write a new calibration, or in advance using a code. This article explains how to apply a vehicle unlock code to you account.
- Note: You do not need an ECRI device nearby or plugged in to add a code to your account.
- Download the ECRI app for Android or iOS
- Open the ECRI app and tap the "Account" tab in the lower right corner.
- If you haven't created an account in the ECRI app before, do so now:
- Enter your mobile number and preferred password, then click the "Log in / Sign up" button.
- A code will be texted to you to confirm your account, enter the code
- After the code is verified, you will need to enter the phone number and password again (we know this is redundant, but we try to keep things secure and sometimes that makes more work).
- After you are logged in, a box should be visible near the bottom of the screen for unlock codes. There is also an indicator for how many unused codes you have available. Enter your code in the box and tap "Redeem code"
- You should be presented with a success message and see that the unused code counter has incremented. This code will stay active in your account until you try to write to a vehicle that has not been unlocked by you in the past.
- The next time you attempt to write new calibrations to a vehicle, ECRI will automatically use one of your codes and remove the used from your account as ECRI unlocks writing for that vehicle.
If you have any issues, please contact us and we will be happy to help!