How to Redeem Vehicle Unlock Code
Thanks for purchasing ECRI. Vehicle unlocks can either be purchased in-app when trying to write a new calibration, or in advance using a code. This article explains how to apply a vehicle unlock code to you account.
Update: We had to remove the code input box from the app to conform to App Store guidelines. The instructions below apply to the latest version of the ECRI app. Please make sure you have the latest version installed.
- Note: You do not need an ECRI device nearby or plugged in to add a code to your account.
- Download the ECRI app for Android or iOS
- If you haven't created an account in the ECRI app before, do so now:
- Open the ECRI app and tap the "Account" tab in the lower right corner.
- Enter your mobile number and preferred password, then click the "Log in / Sign up" button.
- A code will be texted to you to confirm your account, enter the code
- After the code is verified, you will need to enter the phone number and password again (we know this is redundant, but we try to keep things secure and sometimes that makes more work).
- After you are logged in, an alert should appear telling you an unlock is available. Confirm that you want to add the unlock to your account. If this doesn't happen, the phone number on your order might not match the phone number on your account. Please contact us with the order number and the phone number for your app account so we can help.
- You should be presented with a success message and see that the unused code counter has incremented. This code will stay active in your account until you try to write to a vehicle that has not been unlocked by you in the past.
- The next time you attempt to write new calibrations to a vehicle, ECRI will automatically use one of your codes and remove the used from your account as ECRI unlocks writing for that vehicle.
If you have any issues, please contact us and we will be happy to help!